Nominations are now open to join the AMaGA Western Australia Branch Committee. help shape the future of culture and arts in our State.
Being on the Committee of this not-for-profit organisation is a great opportunity to understand and contribute to the arts and cultural sector at a whole new level. It is a voluntary position that requires a generous contribution of your time and skills to drive the strategic direction of the organisation, maintain financial stability and navigate a clear ethical pathway for the Branch.
As an AMaGA representative you will have the opportunity to engage with leading cultural professionals, attend industry openings and events, become a public advocate for the value of collecting organisations and influence the strategic direction of the Branch.
There are five vacancies open for Ordinary Members.
- Current Size: 4-11
- Time commitment: 3-4 hours per month
- Meetings (frequency): every 6-8 weeks
- Meetings Held: Late afternoons both virtually and/or at Goolugatup Heathcote, Applecross.
- Board Meetings (Mode): Face-to-face, Virtual/Dial-in
- Payment: Nil – voluntary role (approved expenses reimbursed)
- Term: Initially 2 year term
- Diversity: AMaGA is seeking to develop an inclusive Committee in order to deliver on our mission of being a representative spokesperson for our members. We encourage applications from females, males or non-binary individuals, people with disabilities, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, English as an additional language or dialect, LGBTQI individuals.
- Areas of Expertise Being Sought: Advocacy / Fundraising/ Membership recruitment and management / Sponsorship generation / Corporate governance, NFP sector / diverse cultural competency across a range of communities
- Desirable Connections / Networks: Local government / State Government / First Nations arts, culture, and policy development / Corporate connections (for sponsors) / Allied or sympathetic industries (health and wellness, heritage, tourism, community development) / Regional Development Corporations or Councils
- Career Experience: AMaGA WA is seeking a balance of established leaders and emergent professionals.